SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Focusing eyepiece holder 1/14"

glowjet

Just in case anyone has use for one of these, it is a Baader unit, part No #8A 245 8125, and consist of an 1/14" eye piece holder with three locking screws and brass compression ring with 5mm adjustable focusing ability, terminating in a T2 female ( M42 screw thread ) I purchased this to replace the eye piece holder on my Scopeteknix filter wheel, which had the simple single locking screw which is just great to damage your nice expensive ep`s with. A further use for this device is to turn your old prime 200mm or 300 photographic lenses which has, or can adapt to the old Pentax screw fit, into a high class finder scope with the addition of a + hair ep, or with the larger telephoto lens of 60mm and above and a webcam, could be considered as a guide scope. I have already tried the device on my 300mm Hoya with a 14mm Meade 5000 ep and the quality of the image was outstanding, once the Lens was brought to rough focus, fine focus was archived with the 5mm adjustment on the holder. I hope to experiment with this as a guide scope in the near future.

• 5 months later...

i have one of these focusable ep holders on my Baader T2 prism diagonal. Great and cheap substitute for a 10:1 microfocuser that would cost an arm and a leg :(

Plus I found my setup shakes slightly when focusing with the erm focuser, the microfocusing ep holder does the same job without any jitters.

Archived