SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

9-pane solar mosaic, April 4th

Starman

Out of interest; What resolution is the original file?

I do quite a lot of image stitching to create scenic panoramas, frequently create 130mp+ images out of multiple 10mp frames and I note you have stitched 9 panes to create this.

What programme are you using to do the stitching?

Cheers,

Russell

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the comments.

Just to clarify, this is a 9-pane mosaic, hand stitched. There is software out there to do this automatically, but I prefer to do things manually. The filter set is a Solarscope SF-70 double stack, attached to a Vixen FL102S refractor. Solarscope filters have an excellent reputation for good quality but this does come at a price. Currently the SF-70DS will set you back just over £9k.The image is presented at natural resolution (the camera used, a Lumenera SKYnyx 2-0M has a frame size of 640x480 and there are 9 of these arranged in a 3x3 grid with some overlap obviously). The image was taken from my backgarden.

Archived