Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Whoops, forgot to post this one, M1 The Crab in Hubble colours

Tim

Took this sequence a while ago, early in the year through the long cold nights.

When I combined them in the usual fashion, the colours were nowhere near the colours in the famous Hubble image of the same target, so it seems they combined them in a different palette to the usual, at least by swapping the mapping the colours came out the same :icon_eek:

MN190 + SXV H9 camera, Baader narrowband filters, processed in PI and PS and Registar. Subs were 1500 secs in length for SII, Ha, OIII, and then some Lum and RGB too, so total exposure is in the region of 30 hours or so. I did have a few 'close ups' via my C9.25 @ f10 in Ha to add in, but the time required per image for any decent result was prohibitive.

Thanks for looking.

Tim

tj-albums-mak-newt-190-pictures-picture10302-m1-crab-nebula-hst-colours-2011.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is amazing and a good close detailed image, if you take another in 10 years time you may compare and see expansion that has taken place as the quality is so good.

John.

Very nice, packed full of detail!

This is amazing and a good close detailed image, if you take another in 10 years time you may compare and see expansion that has taken place as the quality is so good.

He'd better get started - it'll probably take 10 years to get another 30 hours of clear, dark sky!

Crikey, that's as bad as buying the wife a Faberge Egg, and forgetting where you put it :icon_eek:.

That Image looks just as beautiful too.

How many more have you got hidden away?

Ron.

Lol Ron, I have pics from SGL 5 that haven't been processed yet! :D Not to mention Kelling 09 and 2010!

Thanks for the comments everybody, with the problems at work caused by the fierce winter the finishing touches to this one went undone for so long that it slipped my mind. Must be getting old!

If anybody wants the data set to play with just ask :rolleyes:

Archived