Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 6 M81 + M82 and 2 other friends 4Hrs data

Keiran

Hi all,

I had a fantastic time at SGL6 and managed to get abit of imaging done. Thursday was really really windy, but the rest of the weekend was good.

I took 75 subs between 150 secs and 600 secs at either ISO400 and ISO800 with some darks at ISO400

These were taken over 3 nights, through my megrez 72 and my canon 500D...

bulldog_keiran-albums-my-best-picture10298-m81-m82-form-sgl6-total-4hr-data-megrez-72-canon-500d.jpg

Full size HERE...

Thank you all for looking

Keiran

Thanks very much Ron, and Rob. I am very happy with how it come out, I think next time though the Sub length needs to be longer, and does anybody know how you can darken the background without removing the colours and detail.

Again thanks for the comments :icon_eek:

Looks great Keiran.

I've had a quick go with a curves adjustment layer but I'm not happy with the increase in noise. I'm sure one of the astro-guys will come up with a better option.

post-18666-133877557741_thumb.jpg

LOL....cucumbers indeed!

Great shot Kieran. Nice and sharp with some lovely whispy bits.

Curves make a huge difference....Kev at SGL6 and Dave at Kielder have taken me through using them as adjustment levels rather than just applying them. This means that you can shift them about a bit to see what works best and you don't commit to destroying your painfully captured data.

Lots of iterations, small changes at a time, and if necessary masking the core and/or stars so that they don't blow out should do it.

I've also found that stacking as a FITS file in DSS and then using the free 'fits liberator' software to create the seperate channels for RGB 16bit images seems to give reasonable results.

Have a play....gwan!

Thanks guys :rolleyes:

James.... It was a shame you didnt stay the monday night, weather was fantastic

Unfortunately my permission to stay was revoked rather quickly when my wife started to feel ill... oh well :icon_eek::D

James

Thanks Peter, I think this is actually the FF for the Megrez 88, but it says it should work from and F5.5 to an f6... This imaged is cropped abit aswell though.

James ... is she okay? I hope so

Archived