Narrowband

Stellarium now free on iPhone/ipad AppStore

meteoriot

I just can't see any compelling reason to need one, other than the fact that it's another gadget. For my money a laptop is more flexible and better value.

James

Fair enough. It does also seem like an unnecessary luxury to me. Although saying that I had a dabble with one and thought it was great.

any idea if it will be available on the Blackberry?

Never , Blackberry are knowhere near Apple with their apps ands that's why I'm going back to an iPhone after living with a Blackberry for 4 months !

Never , Blackberry are knowhere near Apple with their apps ands that's why I'm going back to an iPhone after living with a Blackberry for 4 months !

Do blackberry use that 'android' thing? I would be interested to know if that has more choice than apple?

you can get a 10.2 inch 1ghz, half gig of ram android tab for 140 quid (cheaper direct from china but may get stung on tax)

ive got a zt180 and it runs android star chart and google sky maps fine in full screen (supports flash) other astonomy apps

well handy as a companion outside can also get the wifi from inside in the garden for intranetz surfing waiting for that cloud to pass

obviously you get what you pay for but you wont be gutted when you break it and mine is going strong after 6 months, will upgrade to a dual core beast when they come out

Archived