SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Leo Triplet...

ollypenrice

Maurice rather put this object to bed with his masterpiece but here is my go anyway! Lum 18X15 mins, following his lead. Colours each 15 mins in 5 min subs.

TEC 5.5 inch apo/Tak EM200/Atik 4000 mono CCD.

Background sky and colour calibration in PixInsight. Then Ps.

Olly

Bigger here: http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Galaxies/triplet-LRGB2/1240029930_Jqm86-X3.jpg

1240029930_Jqm86-X2.jpg

Thanks Sara. How is yours going now?

Olly

Ah, well ....... Um ...........lesson learnt last night. When planning on going to bed and adjusting the camera to keep it at a nice angle on the scope, always check that there are 3 galaxies in the new frame and not just two!!! Data binned, so lets see what tonight brings!!

Nice one Olly! Great resolution and colours in the 3 galaxies.

Jordan

Thanks Jordan. You are the one who started me off on the Triplet mania by spotting the tidal tail in one of my earlier efforts. I may never forgive you!!!

Olly

Ah, well ....... Um ...........lesson learnt last night. When planning on going to bed and adjusting the camera to keep it at a nice angle on the scope, always check that there are 3 galaxies in the new frame and not just two!!! Data binned, so lets see what tonight brings!!

Even if you only got two galaxies you can apply that data over a later image to boost the signal where you need it!

Olly

Archived