SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Widefield Flaming Star Nebula

Here is my attempt at a widfield Flaming Star Nebula. Giving my Astrotrac another outing I used my Canon 70-200 F4 L Lens at 200mm and, after disappointing previous attempts, was quite pleased with the result.

5588757189_e5fcb77d27_z.jpgFlaming Star Nebula Widefield by ashworthacca, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, still learning so advise for improvment always welcome.

Regards

Wow, many thanks guys, your comments are really appreciated and inspiring.

I wasn't sure how it looked as I processed it on one of my laptops but when I looked at it on my home pc it looked way too saturated in the red areas.

I really need to get my monitors calibrated.

Thanks again guys :icon_eek:

• 3 weeks later...
Still great processing. Do you have a dark site where you do this from?

Thanks eliot :)

My site is not dark at all, blumming neighbours security lights are a right pain and the glow of street lights from the east does cause some problems.

Sorry for asking such a simple question, but how do you control the light pollution? If I take wide field subs of more than 60s then I start to see the whole image washed out in a sea of red, and trying to post process any distinct nebulosity is almost imposable.

Sorry for asking such a simple question, but how do you control the light pollution? If I take wide field subs of more than 60s then I start to see the whole image washed out in a sea of red, and trying to post process any distinct nebulosity is almost imposable.

The only thing I use to combat LP is a Astronomik CLS CCD Filter (EOS Clip) CLICKY

Seems to work very well indeed.:)

That is a wonderful image, very nicely detailed and you have the alignment bang on, get it wrong on the astrotrac at your own peril :eek:

Super job!

Thanks Guy......I love the astrotrac, great for popping in the car to take to a dark site or when I can't be bothered to get the full kit out in the garden. Taking it to a dark site in Wales in a few weeks, can't wait.:)

Archived