SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

1st night outside. More questions...sorry.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I'm gonna go with two Baader Hyperion EP's

Hyperion Eyepiece 17mm [baa-26-2454617] - £92.40 : 365Astronomy: Discovery for every day!

Which 2 sizes would be best?

Hyperion's will be a nice step up from those Plossls for dob use. It really does pay to go with a nice widefield design when using a dob. Just reduce the amount of nudging. The 17mm gives 70x and a true field of 0.97deg with your 10" dob. That would make a nice workhorse eyepiece.

But i have another suggestion instead of two Hyperion.

You could go with one of the TMB Clone eyepieces instead at the high powered end. Save a lot of money and i found the TMB Clone 8mm was every bit the match for the 8mm Hyperion.

The money saved could buy a 16mm Skywatcher Nirvana instead of the 17mm Hyperion. It gives 75x and a true field of 1.09deg, so slightly higher power and a larger field. Plus a better corrected eyepiece for a fast scope like yours.....a win win situation.

Hi Geo, I have always had a high regard for the celestron 32mm plossl, good sharp image, however, for DSO's I would recommend the SW PanaView 32mm, great sharp widefield, the Hyperian's are also great, I have the 24mm and the 8mm, don't go below 8mm though, below this they don't work well on fast scopes, which in my view are perfect for DSO's

Archived