SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Leo Triplet

spanky

After about an hour of fannying about trying to find them, I got 60 subs done before they went off behind the neighbours house.

Have to say, I'm incredibly pleased with this one, although I'm beginning to wish I'd gone for the 8" instead of the 6" I'm sure longer subs will improve things a lot. It's a bit hit and miss between the 1min-2min mark so I'm sticking to 1min for the time being.

Looking forward to the next few weeks with lots of clusters popping up. Should give me better results than aiming at the faint fuzzies!

Anyways, this is:

60 x 60sec @ ISO1600 (unguided)

25 x darks

25 x flats

DSS, CS3 & Gradient XTerminator

I've included a singe sub straight off camera too. It's amazing how much you can stretch out when starting with so little! I'm so happy to be doing this, it's something I've wanted to do since I was a kid! :)

post-24246-13387755678_thumb.jpg

post-24246-133877556786_thumb.jpg

I've included a singe sub straight off camera too. It's amazing how much you can stretch out when starting with so little!

It is isn't it, you start to do some processing and all of a sudden things just appear.

I'd be well pleased as well if that was mine. :icon_eek:

Archived