Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from East Lothian, Scotland

The Darkest Star

Hi there,

Thanks to Dr. Cox on Stargazing Live back in January I took the plunge and got a scope. This forum has been excellent in getting a feel for what I need and what I can expect to see. After a couple of months 'lurking' I have joined today.

Here's a bit about me:

Like most people I've always been facinated by the planets and the stars. I've always wanted to know a bit more and see things with my own eyes. When Stargazing Live was on I found Stellarium and saw that Orion would be right outside my backyard. I opened the back door and there it was! I had a tool to show me what I should be looking for. Right, if I can find a constellation that easy I want to know more.

I'm lucky to have a good south facing back yard with the odd street lamp here & there. I'm armed with a few iPhone apps to try and get me around the sky and I'm also trying to follow Turn Left At Orion.

Tonight I had an hour observing. I had nice views of Saturn and also saw my first cluster, the Beehive Cluster.

I'm early days with my observing but really enjoying it.

All the best.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived