Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cumbria Star Party ??

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a great site, how much space do you have Delilahtwinke ?

Pity we couldn't have tied this in with the Imaging day in the north as its a good central location.

Anyway I think I will be trying to come along to this.

Kathleen

Astroimpulse - No you could park your vehicle in the yard around the back of the property. I wonder how I could get actual numbers - mainly so if they were needed I could buy a whole load of supplies for butties in the mornings. I would need to charge for these also but again it would be reasonable. I think I should Personal Message all the people that have joined the thread.

Nah I wouldn't worry about it Delilahtwinkle, there was once upon

a time a thread about interest in an organised imaging day in the

north somewhere like they have had in the south but determining

a location seemed to be problimatic. It might be a bit of a hassle

to try and get it organised now for the star party.

I'm sure it will happen sometime.......maybe.

Kathleen

Stev74 that is great the more the merrier.

I think I need to put together a little form which I will email to everyone. Just a little form so I can figure out what supplies I will need to get in i.e. supplies for bacon/sausage butties tea/coffee etc. I am starting to get quite a few replies about this now so I think a definate date should be Sat 30th April and Sun 1st May. Is that ok for everyone.

Albireo380 great stuff, I am sooo excited. Will keep you all posted of any developments and put together a list of the pubs etc in the area. Speak soon

Astroimpulse I so hope you can get here.

Like I said earlier I will make a little form and email it over to everyone. Can't wait

Speak soon

Delilahtwinkle

I'm not sure yet if I'll sleep over. I've not been camping for 25 years and do not currently have a tent or any equipment.

I'm hoping to borrow one (or pick up a cheepie) simply as a shelter and somewhere to stash everything away from the car whilst observing.

Any advice from regular campers would be welcome (I have been reading the Star Party Camping threads).

Howdy Campers, I hope you all do not mind but I am going to start a new thread as we have date and location organised. The thread is going to have a I am pretty much 100% in feel to it. Then if you are pretty much 100% in you can add a post that way I can then send you a little attachment with address details, breakfast booking etc. I hope this does not confuse things. I was going to send you all a PM but I felt it could come across a tad intrusive.

Can I just quickly say how pleased I am that this is going ahead. I hope my skies are ok for you all. I am going to put little packs together so you all have an idea of what Cumbria has to offer to you through the day. Would we all like to do a little quiz in the evening?

Speak to you all soon, DelilahT

Archived