Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from a new member

johnboy36

Hello everyone, I've recently decided to give astronomy a pop. I started by reading various forums, this being one of them and read that a good place to start would be a set of binos. They're cheap and you can get to know the sky before splashing out on a big scope. Well I got some Bresser Meade 10 x 50s off ebay for £25. They're nice kit for the price, I've had a look at the moon and it's beautiful. I'm just wondering what to do next. Would a book help me?

Cheers

JB

P.S. I might be the 700th member of Stargazer Lounge, The activation URL in my email said "http://stargazerslounge.co.uk/index.php?action=activate;u=700..."

I hear Patrick Moore has a good book called 'Astronomy with Binoculars' ... or something similar

"Exploring The Night Sky With Binoculars" By Patrick Moore

A book that I would highly recommend....Along with ..

"Turn Left At Orion"

I always have my 10X50's handy, ideal for widefield and the ultimate grab and go setup.

Welcome aboard :rolleyes:

Greg

I've got a dusty old tome called "Exploring The Moon Through Binoculars" by a guy called Ernest Cherrington. Some of the photos in it are backed up by sketches! Cost 63/ in 1969 and I got it for 60p in the late '70s. An interesting read nevertheless. The introduction encourages the reader to get hold of some 7 X 50 binoculars and the rest of the 200 A4 (foolscap?) pages describe what can be seen by using them.

WRT the Bresser Meade 10X50 Bins., they're very good value indeed. Enjoy them, I know I do mine.

Captain Chaos

Archived