Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi folks

dogfish

Thought I'd introduce myself. I've been lurking for a few months, doing research for my first scope. I'm a friend and colleague of psychobabbler, but unfortunately I don't have his deep pockets. My most recent thought was to get the Celestron 4SE, but they haven't arrived (thanks Steve for the info). Still wondering if I can afford (or persuade my better half that we can afford) the SE5. So one question is, how much more would I be able to see. My situation is a suburban (just outside Glasgow) setting with variable light pollution, dependent on direction and whether my neighbours have their outside lights on (what is it with these people, don't they care about their carbon footprint?). Being Glasgow, there's more cloud than most places, so I definitely rank portability very high and think the SE models offer this.

Any advice gratefully received.

Great forum by the way.

Cheers, Martin

Hi Martin, nice to have you on board, i know nothing on the scopes you mentioned but agree that portability will be very useful as you can get some much improved skies if you travel about 30 miles away from the beautiful city of Glasgow. If you need any help on locations in ayrshire give me a shout.

Gary

Thanks for the welcome everybody. I'm sure I'll be speaking to the locals about good sites nearby with lower levels of light pollution. I'll try and post a report when I'm sorted, which hopefully shouldn't be too long.

Martin :rolleyes:

Archived