Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Don't suppose....anybody out there uses Bresser bins

BournemouthJ

Specifically the Spezial Saturn 20x60 model, seem fairly light, and would compliment my Nikon 10x50s with a little more light collection and double the magnification.

Could do with a general indication as to whether they're much cop.

Either that, or perhaps some alternatives that could be handheld as I'd like to be able to take them wherever and whenever.

Thanks all! :)

I've got Bresser 10x50s, not the Saturn model, so can't comment on those.

My binoculars are good value for money (£30 ish), rubber armoured, green tint to the lenses, and came with a stargazing with binoculars book.

Do the job quite nicely :)

Thanks twotter, and definitely makes sense Olly, I'm not adverse to a tripod as already have one for my 450D, but want to be able to do a 'quick and dirty' sky watch when I can without a scope in tow!

If I get another set of bins, I can take them anywhere, and still take advantage of a clear night. Heading to France in June, so would rather not take the scope with 2 kids, associated kit, and my scope kit in tow!

Archived