Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello to all of you

david61

Wow there is some interesting things to read on this site looks like the place to be

I'm not sure yet what i need to get focus with the W/O66 and the canon300d

i have the t ring

anyway hoping to get the SE6 scope from David hinds next week

then

will see how it goes

looks like fun

:sunny:

Thank you all for you kind welcoming

it looks like a nice sky tonight and i have to go to a weding

hope you all have a nice night

ps i was thinking of going to the PSP meet and the wifr says she want to go with me

is there any wifes going or is it a mens thing

thanks dave

Hi Dave

Like you, I'm new here too and still scopeless as well. I'm interested in the nexstar SE range, and depending on finances (and what the missus will let me get away with), it'll be a choice between the SE 4,5 or 6. I note you want to get into astrophotography and, although I feel that I have tons to learn before then, would want to do likewise at some point in the future. I was wondering what the SE6 is going to be like for astrophotography. Was this something that you researched and made a deliberate choice for as opposed to other scopes?

Hope the scope arrives soon so I can hear what you make of it.

Cheers, Martin

Hello Martin how are you

yes i did a bit of looking around and decided to go for the celestron SE6 i haven't got it yet was told it would be hear last week but still not got one , its a good price at £699 and you get 10% off for being a member of S/G

I'm emigrating in November so i wanted something i could carry easy but i will only 2hr from japan and china so it will be easy to buy stuff cheep after all its all made there

have a look hear at what this guy has done with the mount from his old celestron 8i mount

http://autostarsuite.net/photos/Leonrd/default.aspx

I'm hoping to put my W/O66 on top

i will the the site know how i get on

many thanks David

Hi David,

Great pictures on that guy's site. Thanks for the link and good luck with the move.

Martin

Thanks from me too David. I watched that guys DSI slideshow with more than a passing interest, as I have that camera as well unfortunately I am still in the equipment preparation stages, and not used it yet. What I saw gave me quite a boost.

Barkis. :rolleyes:

Archived