Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A novice's intro

efc78

Hello all,

Just a quick hello from me. My name is David and I live on the outskirts of Nottingham.

I've had a 'thing' for astronomy since a kid but only over the past few months has it really taken off.

I am currently saving up for my first scope which will hopefully be the Skywatcher Explorer 200 HEQ5 (due to various good reviews for the price). To pass the time I purchased a pair of Celestron Skymaster 15 x 70's and have been really impressed with the views, (which no doubt most of you have been enjoying tonight with such clear skies). At the same time I've been learning the positions and movements of the stars and constellations that will hopefully stand me in good stead after purchasing the scope.

I am quite settled on the scope I'm aiming for, however will more than likely need some advice in the future on eyepieces and also astro photography which is my long term target.

Hopefully speak to you all soon

David

Archived