Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New EQ5 Mount

FairviewSteve

To answer your question about using the slow-motion controls with the RA and DEC locks on, yes, no problem, they were designed for use with the main locks on.

This is great news for me, I had been wondering about whether the motors have enough torque to hold the axis and manual turning turns the motors. Or whether the clutch engages and disengages the motors. Can't wait to have it all set up, probably just in time for 100% cloud cover!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the weekend I managed to get the motors attached to my scope following the excellent guide here - http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-help/139444-synscan-pro-goto-version-3-upgrade-kit-eq5.html - the motors and the controller work really and by the sounds of it they're having no problem with my heavy scope and the counterweights. Sadly the whole country is awash with rain ATM so there's no chance of going out for a test run. I'll have to bide my time and coliminate the scope.

No idea how I'll get it out there it weighs a ton! Will post some pictures when I can.

Steve

Archived