Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Had my new kit more than a week & still no first light!

Specman

I sit in doors like some sado playing with my new kit, twiddling and fiddling. Guess what?.....Tonight I centred my polar scope, WOW! :) My precious...

Check back soon for the next thrilling installment :D

Clear skies! (I pray!)

Mark

I think it was 4 weeks for me and that was the only time I have used it since buying after Astro Fest the beginning of February!

Going to SGL6 for hopefully my second attempt, but the forecast looks dire at the moment! Although I did see a glimpse of light for Sunday night!!!

Regards

Chris

It was only 4 nights for me...sounds like I was lucky!

I really feel for you though - I was itching to get started but the building anticipation was almost as good as first light itself. :D

Hi,

you could always learn how to collimate while you wait if you haven't already done so.

I have only just learnt myself this week thanks to some advice from peeps on the forum.

Enjoy your new toy,

Adamski

About this time last year, I ordered a rather nice little WO meg 72. Firstly was away on biz when it came, so the missus unboxed and confirmed all was well. 'wait till you see this it's lovely' she said. Boy, was I excited to get home! BUT.... stuck abroad for days with the wretched volcano and when I finally got home...great skies and volcano dust.

Its all part of the game I guess

Ian

About this time last year, I ordered a rather nice little WO meg 72. Firstly was away on biz when it came, so the missus unboxed and confirmed all was well. 'wait till you see this it's lovely' she said. Boy, was I excited to get home! BUT.... stuck abroad for days with the wretched volcano and when I finally got home...great skies and volcano dust.

Its all part of the game I guess

Ian

Yes and because I told my non-astro friends a while ago about the curse of new kit I am now getting blamed for the bad weather to come :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well more than 5 weeks now and counting and still no first light on the new kit! :eek:

Now the damn sea fog season has arrived as everything tries to warm up!

Still not a single leaf on the tree's here either! :)

Clear skies all!

Mark

Only a week...taking the average you have three more weeks to wait!

That saves me asking one of the questions I had - thanks. I guess I was lucky in that I had a (admittedly poor) view of Saturn the night after I got my kit.

Archived