Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Some deep sky with Altair Astro 8" f/4 newt and canon 350D

Luis Campos

Hi there,

I would like to share some of my work and exchange some oppinions regarding this setup (Altair astro / Astro Tech 8" f/4 imaging newtonian) and canon 350D.

After making some modifications to the colimation system I'm now getting some good results concerning coma correction, a problem that I had with the standard scope, I'm using a Baader MPCC and modded canon 350D, wich in my oppinion is a truly spectacular combination :D

here goes some results, hope you like it!

Cheers,

Luís Campos

post-25681-133877554888_thumb.jpg

post-25681-133877554895_thumb.jpg

post-25681-133877554901_thumb.jpg

post-25681-133877554908_thumb.jpg

post-25681-133877554915_thumb.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really love these pics, simply stunning! :D

May i ask how you took them, and processed them?

Hi there jannis,

well, this was made with the 200 mm f/4v newt, Canon 350D (modded), EQ 6 go to mount, autoguided with GPUSB with a Tou Cam and a modified 50 mm finder to serve as a guidescope...relly low budget gear :)

About the processing...that's the hard part, I'm preparing some tutorials for DSLR imaging processing using IRIS sofware and Photoshop CS, if you want I can send you the links for this, they are in Portuguese...but I think you will get to do it as they are step by step intructions on how to process your images.

please let me know.

Cheers,

Luís Campos

Hi there jannis,

well, this was made with the 200 mm f/4v newt, Canon 350D (modded), EQ 6 go to mount, autoguided with GPUSB with a Tou Cam and a modified 50 mm finder to serve as a guidescope...relly low budget gear :)

About the processing...that's the hard part, I'm preparing some tutorials for DSLR imaging processing using IRIS sofware and Photoshop CS, if you want I can send you the links for this, they are in Portuguese...but I think you will get to do it as they are step by step intructions on how to process your images.

please let me know.

Cheers,

Luís Campos

Id be very interested in this please :D

Id be very interested in this please :D

hello bulldog-keiran,

no problem, here goes:

IRIS TUTORIAL:

PART 1: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B5MAgOEuMAVaYTI1YmM2MzYtZGZmNS00MDgwLThlZjgtNzcxMzRiN2IwOTIw&hl=en_GB

PART 2: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B5MAgOEuMAVaYjFjY2QxMDctNmExZS00NjE5LTkzNTUtMjY2NzM2Y2Y5MWM1&hl=en_GB

PHOTOSHOP CS TUTORIAL:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B6mQErRq8ae5ZGU2NWIzN2YtYTg3MC00N2QyLTg4ZDktYjM2MWVjODJiOGNj&hl=en

The photoshop tut. is not finished yet, more to come soon, there's a lot more to talk about!

Hope this is helpfull to you...

Cheers,

Luís Campos

Cracking set of images, I'm just waiting on the same scope to arrive! Already got the MPCC.....

Thanks! :D

You'll not regreat...trust me, it's a nicely done peace of equipment, the collimation can be a bit frustrating but once you get the handle of it, you cant go wrong. The MPCC and this scope are mede for each other :)

Cheers,

Luís Campos

Hi Demon,

I've tried it and it works...well sort of...looks like Portuguese mixed up with Chinese but it's undestandable :D

I only get it to work by translating by bits (15o words at a time) puting the link didn't work...not sure why.

Cheers,

Luís Campos

Archived