SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jaffa cakes...

Ant

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Sky at Night magazine should do a group test on the various Jaffa cakes available but we ought to suggest the scoring criteria:

- chocolate / orange jelly / sponge ratio

- dryness of sponge

- tangyness of orange jelly

- milk or dark chocolate

- overall thickness (the cakes, not the reviewers !)

- ability to be pressed into use as vibration damping pads.....

OK, the last one is a bit desparate :D

Nothing beats the yummy goodness of original make, Jaffa Cakes. Others whilst good, aren't quite to the same level of brilliance.

We're in a 'custard creams' mode at the moment. My God they're good. We scoffed a packet of the Crawfords brand. Beware of inferior makes! I'm convinced I sampled many packets of Jacobs versions when in my teen years. SHE disputes Jacobs made C C's. Anyone else remember Jacobs Custard Creams? They defo made 'happy faces'.

Andy.

Regarding the 'Cakes of Jaff'.

I think the pringles phrase 'once you pop, you can't stop', could be altered for the mighty Jaff.

Once you start, you won't stop........... till the box is empty.

Hail the mighty Jaff.........praise him, praise him !!

Andy.

We have a Carrs Bicuit factory in Carlisle, now McVities of course.

They make Custard Creams And they are Ace.

The thing is, when the wind is in the right direction, and I go out into the garden in the evening, you can smell them when the evening shift open the ovens to remove them. A mouth watering smell it is too. My last snack of the day, is two Cream Crackers, and a piece of mature Cheddar, and one Custard Cream, it used to be two, but I'm trying to cut down to reduce the waistline:eek:. The dog gets the other Custard Cream now. It's difficult denying myself, but I mustn't weaken :D.

Ron.

Thats nothing Ron...

Where I work there is a dog biscuit factory - which makes me feel very hungry whenever I drive past :D

Not quite sure what that means, but hey ho!!!

Ant

Thats nothing Ron...

Where I work there is a dog biscuit factory - which makes me feel very hungry whenever I drive past :)

Not quite sure what that means, but hey ho!!!

Ant

Mmmmmm:icon_scratch:

Do you get a bit hairy around full moon, with a craving for raw meat?

:D

Andy.

Archived