Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep2_banner.thumb.jpg.e37c929f88100393e885b7befec4c749.jpg

S104 is pretty good as a course, I did end up feeling like a TMA factory halfway through though! It'd one that's defo worth doing but I would suggest people put aside the time to study it, you can get by just reading the books and answering the TMA's but I feel to get the most out of it you should go all out.

My tutor group were actually pretty frustrating, they hardly ever communicated and our tutors weren't the best I thought. I found the tutorials a waste in time and subsquently stopped going in the end and just got on with the studying the materials myself.

My tutor group were actually pretty frustrating, they hardly ever communicated and our tutors weren't the best I thought. I found the tutorials a waste in time and subsquently stopped going in the end and just got on with the studying the materials myself.

I spent six years getting a maths degree from the OU. I can't really fault the institution but I was disappointed at how lonely the whole thing was.

I sort of expected to make new friends as a side effect but lots of things conspire to prevent that. They've reduced the number of summer schools; the tutorials tended to be more lecture than discussion; and people make different course choices so you're not with the same set each year. Added to that I became a bit anti-social - "can't make the pub, I've got a TMA to finish" etc.

It was hard work but worth it in the end.

S104 is pretty good as a course, I did end up feeling like a TMA factory halfway through though! It'd one that's defo worth doing but I would suggest people put aside the time to study it, you can get by just reading the books and answering the TMA's but I feel to get the most out of it you should go all out.

Ditto. You summed up my experience to a tee. But glad I put the effort in and got a good score. Still very satisfying.