Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hey there

I have a question for those who have owned or own the EQ 3-2 mount. When my mount is secured by the dec. lock knob I can still move the scope by 2 degrees. Is this normal? I have contacted the seller but I don't want to be a hassle especially if it's not a fault. I thought that if I was viewing something like say the moon and I had the knob locked it would only move if I was using the slow wire controls.

If you tighten the bolt on the Dec as well that does it. You get it by putting the correct spanner in through the polar scope objective cover and turning the Dec to tighten it, just don't go too far. That and removing the worm gear and refitting did it for me.

I've got mine adjusted better now, turns freely but no play.

The DEC axis had become tight on mine, making balancing the scope difficult and I had slackened it off too much.

The nuts seem to be an odd size ie 16mm or 5/8 AF.

Hey Tbird

My biggest difficulties since I've purchased my scope is that everything is new and I don't personally know anyone close to hand that shares my interests. Without the forum I would be lost. Tightening up has made a massive difference. I hope there are some clear skies soon to test it out.

Archived