Wating for a 200PDS

Roy@Aldermaston

I've been waiting to order a SW 200 PDS OTA since January, but it seems that there's a shortage of new imports. The frustration's killing me, and I'd be interested to know if anyone has been able to get hold of this scope recently.

Just in case there was a sudden price rise I ordered a NEQ6 mount in advance and that arrived from FLO a few days a ago. While waiting for the OTA, I've been getting in some practice aligning the mount, and with the help of SGL posts I now feel confident with the set-up. As an experiment I mounted the OTA from my Celestron 4SE on the new mount and was astonished at the difference between the SE mount and the NEQ6. The engineering quality is brilliant, no more vibration and much more accurate GOTO. The only downside is that the eyepiece ends up in some strange positions. If anyone else is waiting for the 200 PDS, or has been able to find a supplier, let me know - I'm in need of group therapy!

Roy

Archived