SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn 27.03.2011 with lots of goodies

riklaunim

f/25; Basler Ace bin 2, C11 - channels comparison. ~22:36 UTC

You can see that the stormy band gets darker in infrared. RG850 which is close to methane band shows that this band may contain more methane or other similar molecules (like other hydrocarbons).

bin2-channels.jpg

RGB; Ir-RGB; RG850-RGB; RG,Ir,R

bin2-rgb-2236.jpgbin2-irrgb-2235.jpgbin2-rgrgb-2231.jpgbin2-rgirr-2231.jpg

f/25, RGB and Ir-RGB; 22:09 and 22:21 UTC:

f25-2-rgb-2209.jpgf25-2-irrgb-2206.jpg

f25-3-rgb-2221.jpgf25-3-irrgb-2219.jpg

Do you have any idea when the new DMK/DBK range webcams will be released? Cause I plan to buy a DBK later this year and want to know if it's better to wait.

They did not published any dates, however they are working on them some time now.

Great images and info Rik! I'm interested in how you do this :

"Colour cameras using this filter may show blue line on one side of the planet and reddish on opposite. To limit this refraction effect you may try splitting color stack to monochrome channels, process them and re-make the RGB with fixing blue/red channels position" ?

Looks like we are both getting slightly better shots lately Rik. Though i wish i could see a PNG as my dongle for reason murders jpgs, i dont know why it does this, even Johns ( or anyone elses ) animations are un viewable. to me, Jpgs show so much noise, using my T mobile dongle connection. that its hard to tell the quality. As all jpg images look very very noisy to me using this T mobile connection. From what i can tell. as i suspect in png version to me. they are much better than my Dongle is allowing me to see. They look like good shots, no chance of a png link ?

Hi Rik thanks, i can tell what your getting now, that has removed the noise.

There good images, a bit like Peters, (Astroman) Not surprising as he uses a C11 too. its interesting seeing the different styles that others produce. software and processing choices all make a big difference to the finished shot. Somewhat different to my stlye of processing. but i dont belive theres any wrong or right way. A Style does develope though. some good and bad points in all what we are doing i think. Except John H ( sorry John i should be your pr agent ) what hes produced lately. is very hard to find ANY negative. Something for us all to strive for. though with conditions and equipment limitations. It is next to impossible. But the ideal is there.

You certainly have improved your imaging since your early days with the c8. but Thats not surprising to with the C11 and Basler. How do you rate the optics on these new chinease C11s Rik, do you think they are as good ( better ) than the older american versions. what do you think ?

I would say that all those Synta scopes have seeing-limited optics. They invested lately a lot of money in quality controll so all those scopes (expecially non-starters) should be very good. I could do very big overscaling with C8, and C11 can do it too so the optics must be good to do this.

Archived