SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn - this worked really well for me

DarkerSky

Friday night I had my 12" on Saturn. Seeing was fairly decent (AII). I tried out a red filter Wratten #25 and it really worked well to bring out detail in the NTz. Two brighter areas corresponidng to parts of the stormy area were much more obvious than in unfiltered light. Definitely recommend popping in a #25 :D

• 2 weeks later...
Friday night I had my 12" on Saturn. Seeing was fairly decent (AII). I tried out a red filter Wratten #25 and it really worked well to bring out detail in the NTz. Two brighter areas corresponidng to parts of the stormy area were much more obvious than in unfiltered light. Definitely recommend popping in a #25 :rolleyes:

thanks for the tip, its been a wonderful sight at times for me but I would be interested in seeing it as you describe.

So many posts on it at the moment its hard to keep up with them, must be the attraction of the jewel of the solar system :icon_eek: its great to see so many people posting their first impressions on it :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived