SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

do you see the light ?

blacksaltire

Prof Brian Cox tonight was cool, brought it all back home for me anyway. light as a messenger from distances you just can't comprehend letting us understand what happened 13.7 billion years ago.......go on go on go on ! totally awesome dude ! :D in the words of james brown in the blues brothers movie "DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT ?" well do ya ?

I did enjoy this episode, as you say, it brought it home to me, light, the universe, the big bang etc.

The final episode had awesome graphics.

By the way, I think its the first time I've seen Professor Brian Cox dragging a Telescope around.

Lucky for him, it wasn't a 12" Dobsonian :D

Look forward to the next series, otherwise, back to the discovery channel and Sky at Night, of course.

i want to know what that camera was he used!! see the zoom on it lol ...i even got my wife to ask him on Twitter lol

The camera he uses is a Canon 5D MkII (or at least this is what he had when filming Wonders of the Solar System).

Since it's 21MP, after you take a photo, you can zoom in on the LCD to see an unscaled crop of a tiny area of the full image.

Not sure what lens he was using - looks like a fast prime (i.e. not a zoom) so he could take a short exposure.

And I suspect that this was originally intended to be the first in the series .. a lot of stuff was covered at basic level that in the previous episodes was assumed (principally speed of light). There was also the 'It's blue because it's hotter' - whereas we've already had chemical composition/temperature of stars.

Good series - glad to see this on mainstream TV. Reminded me of some things I'd forgotten, or didn't get first time round in college and made me look up some things I didn't understand.

R

The camera he uses is a Canon 5D MkII (or at least this is what he had when filming Wonders of the Solar System).

Since it's 21MP, after you take a photo, you can zoom in on the LCD to see an unscaled crop of a tiny area of the full image.

Not sure what lens he was using - looks like a fast prime (i.e. not a zoom) so he could take a short exposure.

According to the big man it was a Leica 50mm Sumicron

A steal at £1300...

This may be a heretical post but I gave up watching after about half an hour because Brian "beautiful" Cox gets right on my wick. I really wish somebody would buy him a thesaurus so he could learn some new adjectives and stop describing everything as beautiful.

There's just something about the way he poses so beautifully on those beautiful mountains, with his beautiful hair swaying in the beautiful breeze, as he describes beautiful theories in a simple, yet beautiful, way that everyone can understand, beautifully, that just makes me want to throw my beautiful tv through my beautiful window.

I think he fancies himself as the new Carl Sagan but he just reminds me of the new Bernard Mathews.

Bootiful.

:D

This may be a heretical post but I gave up watching after about half an hour because Brian "beautiful" Cox gets right on my wick. I really wish somebody would buy him a thesaurus so he could learn some new adjectives and stop describing everything as beautiful.

There's just something about the way he poses so beautifully on those beautiful mountains, with his beautiful hair swaying in the beautiful breeze, as he describes beautiful theories in a simple, yet beautiful, way that everyone can understand, beautifully, that just makes me want to throw my beautiful tv through my beautiful window.

I think he fancies himself as the new Carl Sagan but he just reminds me of the new Bernard Mathews.

Bootiful.

:D

Grab ya pitchforks and rid the world of this Blasphemy!!! lol :)

everytime i see that python film i laugh at the pigeon and coconut thing ....just the thought of that pigeon saying in its mind....''he isnt serious is he?!?!'' lol

but on topic ...i like brian cox am a big fan of Carl Sagan ...so i have started to whiten my teeth and grow my hair long altho i'll always have a geordie accent :D (oh and im starting university to study science/physic) ....altho a jimmy nail sounding proffessor may not be the easiest person to take serious.

Archived