SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

William Optics Megrez 72 APO refractor?

Hello,

Considering buying this as a second hand scope.

Want to use as an imaging scope!

What would you consider to be a fair price for this item OTA? with original box, dustcap and standard tripod fitting?

Ste.

Decent little imaging scope but you would want the flattener-reducer. I aim to pay about 60 percent of the new price for perfect used kit, though maybe a little more for premium apo refractors, the exotically expensive ones.

Olly

There's one on the 'Astronomy buy and sell' web site for £250 but to be honest if I had to pay that much I'd rather pay the bit extra and buy new (£395 with diagnonal).

It's a great little multi purpose scope and of all the scopes I have had over the years this is definitely my favourite.

Thats actually the one I was after... Offered to me at £220 delivered, but im still unsure... he says the front objective has a bit of dust on it and some blemishes...here is picture.... do you think this is easy enough to clean?

Ste.

post-22913-133877553396_thumb.jpg

When I sell a scope I clean the lens, if only with a camera air brush.

With second hand gear that is not described as pristine or similar I err on the side of caution and avoid if I can't inspect it.

If you have to ask, " Do I feel lucky?" then I would say ' beware'.

Archived