Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi All...

Burtx

Hi All,

I've always had a fascination with space, etc... but never really had the opportunity to properly look at the moon/planets/stars until now.

I have been luckily gifted a Konusky-200 Motor telescope but there are a couple of issues:

1. There are no eye pieces with it. I have read the sticky and threads about eye pieces but an not sure how much i should be spending to get the most from this telescope.

2. One if the plastic parts of the tripod leg is broken. I have searched the internet for a manual or spare parts for the telescope but have had no look.

Any help would be appreciated and sorry if i have asked these questions in the wrong section. I am sure i will have many more questions,etc once i can use the telescope for the first time.

Regards

Mark... :D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome from me too. Can't help with the tripod problem, but for eyepieces you could consider getting a set to start off with:

Eyepiece Sets

The Revelation set seems to get good reviews, and you can always build on your eyepiece set as you go along.

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum.

Hmmm.....every advert I have seen for this scope/mount comes with two eyepieces, why have you not got any? Did you buy this scope new? I would have thought that at least one eyepiece should have been included to get you started. At the moment you won't be able to tell if it even needs collimating as you can't use it. The retailer you bought it from would be my first port of call regarding any replacement parts and how to get hold of them. Are there any details about the mount and what makes it is and which plastic bit is broken, can you be more specific?

The focal ratio of the scope is F5 which means that its is considered a fast scope, namely that the tube length is shorter than normal relative to the aperture (tube diameter). This puts greater demands on an eyepiece because it has to bring to focus a lot of light in a relatively short length of space and that means better quality eyepieces if you are to get the most from it.

The first thing is to sort out is the mount, without that you've nothing to put the scope on which means you can't use it. Although I have heard of this manufacturer, equipment made by Meade, Skywatcher and Celestron is so popular, that it is easier to get hold of spares or to get in contact with someone who has got the same gear and who may have had the same problem. I'm sorry but I don't know of anyone with this brand of scope.

Hope it works out.

James

Hi Mark, welcome to the Lounge.

Have a look at this, it may help you with eyepieces.

http://stargazerslounge.com/beginners-help-advice/80772-eyepieces-very-least-you-need.html

Failing that have a word with the Guy's at FLO, (Banner at top of page) they will give good advice.

These folks stock the Konusky 200 scope, maybe give them a ring.

http://www.uk-telescopes.co.uk/index.htm

Hi again and a big WOW for the number of replies in just a few hours.

@James - thanks for the detailed reply, I was given the telescope by a friend of a friend, etc.. but unfortunately they had lost the eye pieces adverts state come with it. The broken part of the tripod will not prevent use as it is being held together with a couple of major cable ties (just cannot close up the tripod of storage).

Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming and the advise on eye piece sets..

Mark

Archived