Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Antares 1.25" - 2" Twistlock Adapter

ajg

Really quite impressed with this. Collected from RVO this morning.

The twistlock is self-centreing, and grips the eyepiece yery tightly - there's no danger of it falling out.

It's well constructed and cleverly designed - no recessed barrel to interfere with compression rings - threaded for 2" filters and if you unscrew the twistlock completely, it reveals a T-thread for a camera adapter.

2inch -1.25inch Twist lock adaptor with T ring | Telescope Accessories | Rother Valley Optics

A very versatile piece of kit.

• 6 months later...

Yeah, it's a great bit of kit. The only things I don't like about it are

1. It doesn't quite grip solidly enough to hold a 1.25" diagonal securely in a 2" focuser (rotation)

2. it sometimes needs a lot of twisting to secure some barrels.

Andrew

Damo, I completely misread the description as the 2" refers to its connection to the diagonal and the 1.25" at the eyepiece end - should have gone to Specsavers! :rolleyes::D I was getting quite excited there thinking it would apply to 2" eyepieces.

Thanks for replying ;)

James

Damo, I completely misread the description as the 2" refers to its connection to the diagonal and the 1.25" at the eyepiece end - should have gone to Specsavers! :rolleyes::D I was getting quite excited there thinking it would apply to 2" eyepieces.

Thanks for replying ;)

James

never mind I use a 2 inch baader click lock diagonal.

BUT you can use this

http://www.scsastro.co.uk/catalogue/orion-2-inch-precision-centering-extension-adapter.htm;)

Archived