Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Nowt wrong with being a mop-topped stargazer...none at all!!!

ruiyyanko

Brian is normal until you look at his Hollywood teeth.

there perfect, im not a fan of that.. yeah i know what a load of tosh.

its stupid i know.

He's a Professor, hats off, he does probably the best TV I watch, but i see too much "Show" and i mean this in no disrespect to Prof Cox

He's a Professor, hats off, he does probably the best TV I watch, but i see too much "Show" and i mean this in no disrespect to Prof Cox

Sadly, TV programmes now need that sort of thing to keep ratings up...can't say I have noticed the teeth though. Maybe all that 'show' is to keep people from paying too much attention to it!

Prof Cox was probably of the opinion that too many people go through their lives, without realising there's a massive universe out there. If doing what he does brings astronomy to a new young audience (my 7yr old daughter loves watching his first series, his second is a bit beyond her at the moment) - then he's done a good job.

Having said all this - his voice sends my wife to sleep every time, I don't think she's managed to stay awake for a full episode yet :D

My 4yr old son is fully expecting to be able to see Buzz Lightyear through the scope when it comes.. disappointment is so hard to handle when you're 4, so wish me luck!

Sadly, TV programmes now need that sort of thing to keep ratings up...can't say I have noticed the teeth though. Maybe all that 'show' is to keep people from paying too much attention to it!

I watching atm, and I notice these things........:D

Its like the Sigur Ros ish sound track.

it wants to be but cant quiet get there as the polish gets in the way.

The public gets what the public wants, unfortunately. I did try watching one of his "Wonders" programmes the other day, and found it was rather sacchariny with too much of the "hunkster" staring into vacuous places. Sir Patrick Moore didn't need a hairstyle and hollywood teeth to create wonderful television.....

Ach - must be getting old..:D

As it has been said many times, if it's bringing astronomy to the masses.....

I would put that down to the Carl Sagen influence and he managed to influence half the people in Astronomy (of a certain age) all over the world. I too was a little off with Episode 1, but have enjoyed it since then.

As it has been said many times, if it's bringing astronomy to the masses.....

I do often wonder how well it is working though...There's no denying that astronomy is experiencing a bit of a renaissance, but the response could be from people who already have some level of interest in astronomy (however small), but didn't know where to start. What about those in whom the 'spark' doesn't even exist?

Haha...well, there you go - 07:01 is where he explains why he's had to sensationalise the series. If he had a gun he probably would use it to shoot all those people who turn over to watch Corrie.

I think I like him better when he's not in 'showbiz' mode. Also, now I can't help but notice his teeth!!! It's all I can see, especially during that parabolic flight scene! :D

Thanks for sharing this...It's ace!

Archived