SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Completed set up at last

My Skytee set up is now complete picked up the f/11 newt this morning from OO it has 1/12PV optics so i am looking forward to some exceptional viewing when the seeing is right of Saturn. Its been a long wait for all of this to come together with the modifications to the tripod and then the half pillar to make everything fit and the making of the scope but it was worth it. Attached pics show the skytee 2 with both of my OO scopes attached hope you like the set up.

Andy

post-23205-133877552663_thumb.jpg

post-23205-133877552668_thumb.jpg

post-23205-133877552673_thumb.jpg

post-23205-133877552678_thumb.jpg

post-23205-133877552683_thumb.jpg

Well BBQ weather is nearly with us few burgers let it get dark Saturn and the moon 2 f/11s perfect I think. :)

Awesome! Short tubes need not apply! I have an f/12 refractor and I make an excellent potato salad!

Too bad... the gas for the drive would kill me! :D

Dan :)

• 2 weeks later...

The f/11 is an awsome scope the view i had the other night of Saturn was fantastic everything was sharp and the Cassini division was easily seen using my 7mm Nagler. If you are a planetary enthusiast it would be worth giving Orion Optics a call to make one trust me you will not be disapointed.

I wonder what would happen if you set it up at the end of one of Heathrow's runways. Bet you'd have plenty of "friends" paying you a visit before you knew what was happening.:rolleyes:

John

Nice one John :icon_eek::hello2:

Archived