Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DMK a "webcam"?!

PeterW

I am now up and running, shooting the sun and moon with my DMK and AviStack. When people ask what I use I normally say "a webcam" as it is a concept they have come across and it is a pretty accurate answer. However if people think that the webcam on thier PC can do as well then they're likely to be seriously disappointed! Should I refer to the DMK as an "industrial imaging camera"? (might prepare them for the cost of the thing too)

It is amazing the results that we can get now using low cost kit and FREE software, we do live in an age of wonders!

Cheers

PEterW

However if people think that the webcam on thier PC can do as well then they're likely to be seriously disappointed!

Why would people be disapointed, I have used cheapie webcams from Argos from day one, still do and do get good results. I have only turned to "modded" webcams the last few months and am still trying to get to grips with them.

Jim

Archived