740427863_Terminatorchallenge.jpg.2f4cb93182b2ce715fac5aa75b0503c8.jpg

Grass Fires

elbatchman

:D It seems as though the local nutters have been out starting grass fires on the surrounding Valley hills, ruining what would have been good conditions as the Valley slowly fills with smoke. I've just come in from trying to view for 30 mins and stink like a smoked kipper!! Can't even see the Southern hills through the smoke! I honestly cannot understand the mentality...

Yes, I was initially wondering that myself, but then saw on the local news that the South Wales Fire Service are currently battling several hill fires and are warning people about starting them. It used to be really bad round here a few years back, quite often in the summer after dark I would see a sheet of flame suddenly shoot down through the trees on the hills opposite me. That was the local off road bikers having fun with petrol and matches...though with the price of petrol now you'd wonder how they can afford it :D

theres massive fires around this time of the year they start in the south (merthyr aberdare, mountain ash, ponty, ton y pandy then as time progresses they move usally to my side of the valleys ebbw cwmcarn crosskeys ect, disgusting to be honest