Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Newcastle upon tyne

Evoleuna

Hello SGL

I just wanted to say Hi as I have yet to post on the forum, all though i have been intentively looking through threads and trying to gain some insight into this wonderful Art in the sky above us. you call Astronomy!

Recently found hobby for me and absolutly amazed at what you can see with the naked eye outside the city and I have to admit I am loving every minute of it.

I just purchased an astro trac about a month ago and what a brilliant piece of kit. Infact this weekend if its clear skies i am going try some 5 min exposures which i will post and hope for some advice to all the gurus of astro trac out there.

I know Ive a lot to learn but this forum is a great start and is helping me achieve my goal. :D

Heather

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Heather, welcome to SGL.

Sound like you are on the right path with an astro trac if you want to get into astrophography.

Starting in April's edition of The Sky at Night magazine is a six part course/tutorial for beginers in astrophotography - highly recomended, but don't be affraid to ask questions here as its a very steep learning curve.

Hi Heather and welcome to the forum.

Looks like you've already been seduced over to astrophotography or as we call it, "The Dark Side"! Still there might be a chance to save you and bring you back to the observing family, it will certainly be cheaper in the longer run! :D:D

Clear skies and look forward to seeing the images.

James

Wow so many replies you all are a friendly bunch arnt you :D thanks alot makes me feel so welcome and I can now officialy say "we call astronomy"

Yeah we have met before Mark lol but your picture is not what i remeber you that night lol. maybe thats your weekend picture?

Hi M tweedy i am certainly enjoying the astro trac :p hopefully i have a good image soon for you

See all you guys amonst the posts and the stars in the sky

Heather

Archived