Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New 3D model of solar system and sky

Mito

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this...A lot of work must have gone into it. Thanks for sharing! I spent a very happy lunch break on Friday pretending I could fly around the solar system! LOL

I did hope I could zoom in to visit the Galilean moons, but couldn't find them...then realised maybe it would've been a bit much if every single moon of every single planet were included! :D

Thanks to all for your appreciation, it´s very motivating for us.

We are only at the beginning of this project and have many ideas and plans,

so you can expected various improvements very soon...

Mito

then realised maybe it would've been a bit much if every single moon of every single planet were included! :)

The well known ones are all included in solar walk. Zooming in on Jupiter to see its moons orbiting around it is very cool indeed.

WOW, impressive....

one small thing though. ...

The drag-with-mouse feature is a bit counter-intuitive with regards to the direction. Any other app I had so far does it the other way around. Could this be made configurable?

Hi, for all of you we´ve made new user-friendly interactive 3D model of solar system and night sky with real-time planetary positions.

Interactive 3D model of Solar System Planets and Night Sky (requires flash)

Application in a simple way helps students and laymen to understand the movements of the planets and to recognize constellations.

For astronomers it also brings other interesting views and various settings.

It's free and without needing to install, so definitely try it :-)

That's awesome, well done for doing that.

Archived