Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New 3D model of solar system and sky

Mito

Hi, for all of you we´ve made new user-friendly interactive 3D model of solar system and night sky with real-time planetary positions.

Interactive 3D model of Solar System Planets and Night Sky (requires flash)

Application in a simple way helps students and laymen to understand the movements of the planets and to recognize constellations.

For astronomers it also brings other interesting views and various settings.

It's free and without needing to install, so definitely try it :-)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent.

Now if only it did the galaxy too (in a simpler format obviously).

I really want to find a 3d model of the galaxy so I can get an idea of certain systems and nebula within. My little search has found nothing so far.

This has reminded me to continue :D

edit: Something like this. http://ngweiyang.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/07-ng-the-milky-way.jpg

All the interactive ones so far are not too good. Not as good as the OPs Solar one :p

I really like the the way you can look at the solar system from any angle and see where each planet is at any given time, very useful tool. With this software and stellarium together you get a complete picture of the heavens. well good.

cheers,

Adamski.

Archived