Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

meade 4000 zoom

nicnac

hi all,

a quickie for you, has anybody here tried out the meade 4000 zoom EP?

i am thinking on getting it, or something along those lines, as a "put me on" until i get my "more expensive" collection

maybe thinking on the orion premium zoom too, either or :p

cheers :D

I have always been skeptical about performance of zoom eyepiece. Well, until I tried a Pentax one recently and have been very impressed. It's certainly a lot better than my plossls and x-cel. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to compare it to premium eyepieces.

Haven't tried the Baader or Meade, but the Baader one has some very good review.

im leaning back towards the meade.

i notice that FLO stock the 4000's but not the zoom, wonder if they can get them?

they got the group test win in sky at night see and they are £60 cheaper than the Baaders

i must keep in mind that this purchase is a "stop gap" so quality value is the order of the day

The MEADE 4000 series Plossls and zoom were superb products when made in Japan, but production has been shifted to China and the quality isn't nearly as good.

I have the Chinese-made MEADE Zoom and the twist focusing feels "rough"; there doesn't seem to be any lubrication at all.

As for optical quality, it's pretty ordinary.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bring up an older thread but I have a question about this eyepiece and figured it easier to use the existing thread.

Anyhoo, can someone tell me if the Meade has a t-thread like the celestron zoom or if you can get an adaptor like you can for the Hyperion zoom so it will fit with a DSLR? I can't find anything about it which would suggest it doesn't which would be a deal breaker for me.

Archived