Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Attaching a cam to binoculars

M27

I Have a pair of Adler 20x80 binoculars which I like and had some good views so far. I would love to be able to attach my camera/camcorder to my binos so I can get some photos. What would the best way be?

I have tried just holding a digital cam to the lens but it can be difficult, I had some good shots of the moon by the way. my first ones :D

Any help would be great.

post-25522-13387755189_thumb.jpg

post-25522-133877551898_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Here's how I do it. I bought my adapter from MC2 some years ago now but they are readily available from any of the astro suppliers.

I've also put some picture of the 2006 lunar eclipse in that I took with this set up.

Hope it helps,

Mark

post-15958-133877765482_thumb.jpg

post-15958-133877765487_thumb.jpg

post-15958-13387776549_thumb.jpg

Here's how I do it. I bought my adapter from MC2 some years ago now but they are readily available from any of the astro suppliers.

I've also put some picture of the 2006 lunar eclipse in that I took with this set up.

Hope it helps,

Mark

I used the same method.

The digicam (with it's own lens) looks afocally through the bino eyepiece. There's no need to remove lenses or eps. The adapter clamps over the eyepiece itself and the camera is adjusted into position with the x-y sliders.

Simples!!

Mark

Archived