Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Star Party

I have never been to a Star Party in all the many years I have been tinkering about.

Due to work commitments I can't really plan on travelling a long distance to one. However I would like to go to one one day.

I would just like to ask if anyone knows of any coming up in the North West of Wales?

And what would you suggest i take with me apart from a scope and binos?

I have a small tent and bits and bobs to go with it, and some warm clothing including the silly hat. But any advice at all would be very welcome.

There's a Starfest at Dalby Forest in North Yorkshire in August every year. You may have time to book a site at this years if you are interested. North Wales isn't too long a drive To N. Yorks. The site is near Pickering, and is always well attended. Lot's of interesting places to visit in the area too. The site itself has three Mountain Bike trails, each with a different degree of difficulty. I tried the easy one, and almost wrecked myself :D.

Ron.

Thanks Ron. I don't think anyone will ever see me on a bike again I nearly killed myself going over a bridge last time.

N. Yorks is an easy enough drive, but work can be a real pain in getting set times off. (Unfortunate, but I do need the job):D

However August is far enough in the future to consider the possibilities. Thank you for the information.

There's a Starfest at Dalby Forest in North Yorkshire in August every year. You may have time to book a site at this years if you are interested. North Wales isn't too long a drive To N. Yorks. The site is near Pickering, and is always well attended. Lot's of interesting places to visit in the area too. The site itself has three Mountain Bike trails, each with a different degree of difficulty. I tried the easy one, and almost wrecked myself :D.

Ron.

oooohh, mountain biking as well. Superb. Will put it on the list of things to look into...

Archived