SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

EQ6 EP Tray Flock…What!

sbooder

OK this may seem mad and pointless at first glance, but it has been done for a good reason.

Any of you with the EQ6 will know that the handset holder you get with the Synscan set up is next to useless if you are observing anywhere but due North. The thing just flies out of the holder because of the coiled lead.

I learnt early on that the best place for it was the EP tray, but this is very slippery and you need to balance carefully the handset on it or it just fall off.

So I flocked it and the back of the handset…Yes I am Flocking again.

It works a treat, just grippe enough to keep the handset in place even with the dismissive of placement on the tray.

eptray_flock1.jpg

I tried looking for somewhere else but this is the best I could find. I did my Orion 10" in this stuff and it is so nice to use with no messing with adhesive. If the two of you get together you could split the difference on postage and order the 10m roll.

There's some A4 flock covered sticky backed paper on eBay MIC self-adhesive flock paper (5 x A4 sheets) Blue on eBay (end time 30-Mar-11 04:55:15 BST) failing that there are loads of listings under Flock, there must be something that would do.

That will do, I was only looking for a small amount for modding the Aldi spotting scope, and £18 for the smallest piece from APM was way more than I was wanting to pay.

That will do, I was only looking for a small amount for modding the Aldi spotting scope, and £18 for the smallest piece from APM was way more than I was wanting to pay.

What sort of size are you looking for?

What sort of size are you looking for?

I don't really know, I haven't measured it yet. About A4 size at a guess. Its one of those projects on the backburner, im looking to try the Aldi spotter as a finder/guiderscope. There's a thread on here suggesting using sandpaper to reduce internal reflection. It sounds like too much elbow grease to me and messy. Im also planning on ripping off the eyepiece and fitting it to take 1.25 EPs and a webcam. The ebay stuff ticks the boxes, mainly cheap.:D

thanks for the offer guys, Will definitely take it up. Im in the middle of a set of night shifts at the moment so don't really have time to fiddle with it. I will take it apart and measure what I need by by the end of the week :D

Archived