Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from sunny(ish) Blackburn

Fspiders

Hi All,

Well I just landed myself with a brand new etx 105 pe. :hello2: Don't know anything about astronomy or the telescope.. not even sure why I got it :hello2:. ( Ok I admit it, I watched the "Wonders of the universe with professor cox" and I was hooked.

The boxes are sat in front of me and I'm not even sure I want to open them :hello2: as I know I'm going to be on a long and painful road.

Gotta feeling I'm gonna be a right ole pain in the butt in this lounge ;)

Regards.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, and welcome to SGL :hello2: , ask as many questions as you like, thats what we are here for. it's looking really clear over your side as i was going past the M66 on my way home, looks like you could have a good night for the new scope

Hi and welcome to the forum.

No pain no gain as they say, so the quicker you get started the quicker those questions will be coming in. I just want to reassure you that they won't have packed Brian Cox in one of those boxes!:hello2::D

Clear skies for your first night's observing

James

Take it one step at a time and it will all make sense to you. Being part of this forum along with a couple of books will help you greatly. May I suggest "Turn Left at Orion" and downloading Stellarium.

Good luck with this new passion. Not a passion? Don't worry, it will be.

Isabelle

Thanks for the welcome guys :D Well I suppose I should open the boxes they've been sat there for 24 hours.. After reading a lot of threads I've realised that I can't do what I wanted to with this scope, but not to worry.

Regards.

Archived