SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M82

Rob_Jn

Took this over a couple of nights before the moon interfered. Luminance one hour with red 20min, and blue cut short at 6mins! I used Noel's tools to synthesise the green and added about 50 mins in Ha, 5 min subs. Despite the lack of colour exposures I was able to put this together. The Ha is really faint - need a lot more than 50 mins to bring out the detail.

Thanks,

Rob.

post-15766-133877550086_thumb.jpg

Fine result Rob.

Yes, the Ha is really faint.....I maged this last year with my 6 inch scope and had to resort to 30 minute 2x2 binned subs to get anything useful!

Had a quick look at your gear on your site.....the scope is just the sort of thing I'm looking for.....does Peter Drew still make custom scopes, and do you have any contact details for him?

Cheers

Rob

Fine result Rob.

Yes, the Ha is really faint.....I maged this last year with my 6 inch scope and had to resort to 30 minute 2x2 binned subs to get anything useful!

Had a quick look at your gear on your site.....the scope is just the sort of thing I'm looking for.....does Peter Drew still make custom scopes, and do you have any contact details for him?

Cheers

Rob

Thanks Rob, I think Peter is semi retired but I think he'd be open to a request. Peter is on this forum fairly regularly you could send him a PM, his username is "Peter Drew". I assume you meant my 4.5" f4.5? I now use a WO72FD for guiding, or did you mean my big baby!

Rob.

Archived