SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

dark streets in Salisbury

G4YVM

Well, I chased up the idea of turning the lights off in Salisbury at 0000 til 0500 and the councillor concerned is trying to fund the scheme and is going to meet me to discuss how we can get the idea going forward.

This a progressive scheme based on cost savings. I would urge you all to contact your own councils and tell them how to save MONEY. Its not about dark skies, they don't care (as a body anyway) but they DO care about money.

I'll keep you posted!

David

If you could keep us posted, see if you can collate crime data and actual savings etc as a case study, and do put the results together somewhat the rest of us have something we can send to our councils.... So they have facts to work with. Some people like light as a comfort blanket, if you can show that they can sleep safe in their beds as well that would be a bonus.

Good luck

PEterW

Archived