SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New arrival

Hedgerow

I have just taken receipt of my first proper scope, a second hand Celestron C6-NGT. I've got it all set up and checked the system is working properly. :hello2: Now for Polar alignment and aligning the finderscope with the main scope etc. then I'll wait for the cloud to clear............I suppose I'll have time to read several volumes on astronomy and several months back issues of Astronomy Now! :hello2:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Hedgrow and welcome to the forum.

Ah yes the clouds - so you've noticed them.:hello2::D Last couple of years haven't been great but it hasn't been so bad lately - almost forgotten what stars looked like. Mind you there's no harm in reading some of the books, there is always something of interest to learn. Glad you could come aboard and hope that scope delivers some great views for you.

Clear skies soon!

James

Welcome and I wish you clear skies! Rule number one about astronomy: Every time you have something new to try with your telescope (especially if it's a new telescope or one just found),.. the clouds gather for many, many nights. I hope this will not be the case for you!

May you have many wonderful nights of viewing with your new acquisition!

Isabelle

Archived