SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

19Mar11 Super Moon

Trull

Well after all the portents of doom from the interwebs, I just had to try and get a shot of "fractionally more wide - but not that much really" Luna.

trull-albums-misc-picture9959-megamoon19mar11.jpg

The image has had the minimum done to it, its natural colour, just a smidge of sharpness and not even scrubbing out the background glow of the haze.

Once I get a mo' I'll stack the other 399 images I took to get a high contrast version. Promise.

Camera was set in Nebulosity for 100iso, 0.015sec exposure, RAW.

Thanks very much - this was one of the better frames. Incidentally I shoot using Nebulosity to help focus, and use the Histogram to make sure I'm getting the best out of the sensor. This can be a challenge when there is haze as you have to be careful to avoid clipping data when it goes clear.

Here's a stacked image using the same data (87subs), I also did some jiggery pokery and added a sharpened layer ontop, blending to keep the natural feel. Also sidesteps the horrible unsharp mask bright rim problem. Heh.

trull-albums-misc-picture10048-stackedmoon.jpg

Archived