Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Will someone please turn out the lights?

ruiyyanko

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Charmain,

Welcome to the forum. :hello2:

I totally understand about the light issue :hello2: - we only have a small area at the back of the house and it isn't always easy finding polaris, or anything for that matter!

Searching for a decent local dark site currently.

My goodness! Hello to everyone, and good morning!

I must admit that you are a welcomed sight since I no longer am the only long-winded female on this forum! Like you, I prefer simply gazing at the skies to capturing images (although I make feeble attempts now and then).

Oh, all my attempts at photography are diabolical...and that's with a bog-standard point-and-shoot camera. I'm really glad there are so many of us on here, male or female. So few of my friends are into Astronomy...I can count them all on one hand!

The tears was a masterstroke! - Must try it with the wife! Bet all I get is "Shh, be quiet, big boys don't cry!" (spot the song as well!)

Oh aye, and flash the big puppy dog eyes as well...Never fails to work!!! And maybe a short skirt...Oh, wait.

Hello im marcus with a torch

Hi, nice to meet you and your torch...I was gonna say I hope it's red, but erm...let's not go there! :hello2:

Hi Charmain and welcome another from Lancashire woohoo we are taking over the world :hello2:

There are quite a few of us on here, aren't there! Yay! We can start a group now! :hello2:

hi and welcome light are a pain not got that prob the people where i live are tight as a and they always switch them of after a quick knock on the door and i explained my case let them have a look through the scope and every thing was sorted i then asked them yo put there light on and come take another look,once they seen what there lights did they switched them off

cheers pat

hi and welcome light are a pain not got that prob the people where i live are tight as a and they always switch them of after a quick knock on the door and i explained my case let them have a look through the scope and every thing was sorted i then asked them yo put there light on and come take another look,once they seen what there lights did they switched them off

cheers pat

That might be worth a try as some of our neighbours are quite understanding, although it still doesn't quite help with the street lighting. :D

Archived