SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi

Vega

Hi all

My name is Matt, I came across this forum, just like the SPA forum it looks very welcoming and full of some very friendly and knowlegable members. I've been in to 'the stars' since a very early age however never owned a scope until June 2005 when I took the plunge and got an Evostar 120. First object I pointed at in hindsight was probably not the most impressive choice.... the brightest star I could find overhead .. Vega (hence my username). The very next object I viewed was Jupiter which blew me away! First planet I'd ever saw with my own eyes. That was it.. I WAS FOREVER HOOKED. Since then, my knowledge and interest in astronomy has gone from strength to strength. I'm one of those easily excited kind of people who finds simply looking at Saturn and the moon through the eyepiece an uplifting experience every time.

After viewing many amazing objects that I just didn't realise were there, I set up a website in the summer of 2005 and started snapping away with my trusty Canon S30. Many trial and errors later I've managed to get some pics that were just about worthy enough for the website. Treated myself to a Canon EOS 400D over Christmas so hoping to fill up my Deep Sky and Widefield sections with loads of wonderful pics with ease! (With ease.. ya ha right.. take that back LOL)

Some of my fav objects are M13, M42, M57, Double Cluster, Albireo ... oh and M51 rocks.. but not through my scope! LOL

Anyways almost writing a novel here so better wrap it up.

Cheers

Vega

Archived