Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Not good but chuffed to bits

trudie

At last my 1st in focus image, I know it probably needs a lot of work, but I am ecstatic, up to now I have only managed a blob of bright light, but scope needed collimating. Now if I could only understand the registax settings!!!

Trudie

I was using a Celestron 130slt, a philips spc900nc webcam, plus adaptor (which is a bit too long for clear focussing ), but if I reverse lens holder it works. I have a 2x barlow but have,nt tried that yet.

Hope this helps, it was not the best seeing last night, broken cloud across most shots.

80 seconds at 10 fps.

Regards and thanks in advance

Trudie

ok , now to be critical , as we have to say what we see, the image looks good in the way u have focussed although just a tad out , but that could as you say be the seeing , what i,m not to sure about is the quality of it, on my screen it seems a bit pixelated, now i have never use the camera before , so maybe someone else can throw some light on it , i just get the feeling that its not as good as what the toucam would produce , or maybe its in the process, i think to be sure on this, would have to see a few more images of the moon , your capture seems fine , always remember , try not to over process the image , keep it as natural as possible ,

Cheers

Rog

Trudie

Thats a very good 1st pic.

regarding the quality I would like to ask one question. How many times did you alter the pic before posting.

Every time you save as a Jpeg the image quality is reduced. I have found that if you save images a couple of times then the result ends up looking like the object is made out of Lego.

Archived