Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Full Moon 19th March

Ant

Had a little look at the Sun earlier today and decided to leave the scope out to see if it would stay clear.

Well surprise surprise it did...

The image below was taken with the 300D through the ED80 - I used the lens part of a 2" 2x barlow screwed into the 2" adapter giving roughly a 1.5x increase.

This was 6 images captured as RAW's and then stacked in Registax 5, finally a little processing in PSCS2. I actually captured around 40 images so will be attempting a larger stack tomorrow.

moon19-03-11_6_image_stack_mono.jpg

Cheers

Ant

@ ant:

That really is a super moon you've got right there.

I'd like to share with you some afocal quick shots taken through a mediocre point and shoot cam.

This is from Asia.

Cheers.

There is more information in those images than you think. A little contrast adjustment and Unsharp mask and it looks great!

Ant

Thanks Ant,

But i really don't know how to edit or use the registrax(?)

You do not need to know how to use registax - that was your picture I just made a couple of small adjustments.

You could do the same in a free program call GIMP. Down load it and have a play - literally all I did to your image was adjust the contrast and brightness and then a little unsharp - both of those features are in GIMP.

You do not need a TAL scope - there are far better imaging scopes out there than TAL. The scope you have is all you need - you have proved that with your image.

Cheers

Ant

Archived