Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Getting images from maxim into Photoshop CS2?

Maybe I'm too tired or too emotional, but I've saved the capture file from the shiny new ATIK camera (fits format) that I loaded into Maxim, as a TIFF file. Now Photoshop doesn't like it. I'm doing something wrong here but it's not obvious to me what I'm doing wrong. There's no rush here guys, as the image was carp, but it is my first astro image with the new toy if and when I get it to work.

Also, is there any way of getting thumbnails of the FITS files in XP as nearly all of them are of clouds and I would like to delete the nasty ones.

TIA

Captain Chaos

CC have a careful read of of Maxim , i do mostly all the basic stuff in Maxim ddp and stretching. then have to use the save as to desk top, i save it as a PNG . then do my work in PS, then final when completed to JPG

would you like a small tutorial done for you , i can do one when i get home if that will help,as its a little complicated in Maxim at first

Rog

Archived